Name: Ben Forner
Occupation: Senior Draftsman
Years in the Workforce: 9 Years
What do you do each day?
- Assist members with any design issues or inventor issues they may have
- Liaise with tradesman regarding manufacturing scheduling and general design or issues
- Design process machines to customer requirements & spec.
- Monitor fabrication to provide feedback to production manager.
- Liaise with Technical Engineers and Process Engineers to design the best suited machines.
What do you like most about your job?
New challenges everyday, variety of work to get involved in
What did you do to qualify?
- Completed HSC with good results in Maths, Science & English
- Completed 4yr apprenticeship
- Completed Advance Diploma of Mechanical Engineering
What’s next in your career?
Growing and gaining more knowledge whilst transitioning into a leadership role.